7 Tips to increase your homes value
Selling your home can sometimes be challenging. Michael's Homes would like to provide you with 7 tips that will help increase the value of your home.
1. Prospective buyers get ready to make an offer on your home. One of the first things they will do is have your home professionally inspected. If there are any surprises like – mold or water damage – this will impact sales prices of your home and possibly drive the prospective buyer away. You should always check your attic, bathrooms and crawl space for signs of moisture and get them fixed before putting your house on the market.
2. If you have open areas in your house, add extra seating. The furniture helps show the potential of space and can be translated to a higher perceived value to the buyer.
3. Get rid of the clutter. Too much furniture makes rooms look smaller than they really are. Put excess furniture in storage and only keep the minimal pieces that will allow the room to look spacious but full.
4. Replacing your kitchen cabinets can be pretty expensive. Sanding and repainting your cabinets can do just as good as replacing but the cost is significantly less.
5. Add some green. A nice garden in the front yard is very appealing to prospective home buyers. However planting a garden in the front yard is not always feasible. An alternative, place groups of potted plants on your front porch.
6. Storage is always a plus. Some pantries have limited space. Adding additional storage outside of the pantry is a bonus.
7. Let it shine – shine your fixtures and polish your wood. Spend some extra time get rid of dust and making sure your furniture looks great.
Michaels Homes LLC – building residential homes in Murfreesboro, La Vergne, Nolensville, and Chattanooga, TN.